[Cake] [Fwd: Re: cake flenter results round 3]

Georgios Amanakis gamanakis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:51:50 EST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com>
To: Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>
Cc: Cake List <cake at lists.bufferbloat.net>
Subject: Re: [Cake] cake flenter results round 3
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:45:46 -0500

Another run using the CMTS setup.
ISP limited at 200/10mbit.
Cake/HTB shaping at 180/9mbit.
RTT 20ms with cake's RTT set at 20ms
rrul_be_nflows, 32 download, 8 upload streams.

Cake tested in all flow-isolation modes with all ack filtering options.
HTB tested with codel,pie,fq,sfq,fq_codel.

TCP RTT:
Using HTB, fq_codel gives better results than codel,pie,fq,sfq.
Cake in triple-isolate no-ack-filtering beats it still. Triple isolate
with ack-filter-aggressive produces slightly better results.

Using the same flow-isolation mode cake produces smaller TCP RTT in the
ack-filter-aggresive mode.

George