[Cake] [Cerowrt-devel] quad core arm

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Sun Dec 3 13:18:02 EST 2017

I quite liked the rk3399 board ; it has enough lanes for good duplex
ethernet support, but I haven't seen anyone bundling with multiple
Gigabit ports on a board so you are stuck with miniPciE add-in or USB3
dongles for more than one port.

You can get hold of them relatively easily via aliexpress and there
was a crowdfunded 'tinker' board variant out
:http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Firefly-RK3399/en

In addition to the rockchip board any of the sunxi - allwinner boards
have had a lot of mainline support added over the last 6 months. Most
of the easily available boards are all geared towards HTPC
applications however.

My current interest is in the c3xxx platform which FINALLY has enough
oomph to do duplex 20gbit and can be had with SFP+ equipped variants.

Lately most of the testing work I have been doing has been with the
thunderbolt3 network driver in net-next (and which I think is tagged
for inclusion with 4.15) which gives you 10-40gbit networking mostly
hasslefree.

-Joel