[Cake] How to use the cake ack-filter?

bart van zoest bartvanzoest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:23:16 EST 2017

Hi all,

Support for the ack-filter was added to LEDE with this commit:
https://github.com/lede-project/source/commit/0589979f7ba1483c4d7c83a63d74c85d2a6e4bb2
Since I have an asymmetrical internet connection (10/1) I want to test
this feature. However, how to enable it?
With some deducing, I have added ack-filter to the following lines in
/etc/config/sqm:
       option iqdisc_opts 'nat dual-dsthost ack-filter'
       option eqdisc_opts 'nat dual-srchost ack-filter'

With these lines, if I issue  tc -d qdisc I get the following output
which I think shows that the ack-filter is enabled:
qdisc noqueue 0: dev lo root refcnt 2
qdisc fq_codel 0: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 limit 10240p flows 1024
quantum 1514 target 5.0ms interval 100.0ms memory_limit 4Mb ecn
qdisc noqueue 0: dev br-lan root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth0.1 root refcnt 2
qdisc cake 801c: dev eth0.2 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 850Kbit diffserv3
dual-srchost nat ack-filter rtt 100.0ms raw total_overhead 14
hard_header_len 14
qdisc ingress ffff: dev eth0.2 parent ffff:fff1 ----------------
qdisc noqueue 0: dev wlan0 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev wlan1 root refcnt 2
qdisc cake 801d: dev ifb4eth0.2 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 8500Kbit
besteffort dual-dsthost nat wash ack-filter rtt 100.0ms raw
total_overhead 14 hard_header_len 14

Have I deduced correctly how to enable the ack-filter?

Kinds regards,
Bart