[Cake] conntrack lookup continuation

John Sager john at sager.me.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:42:15 EST 2017

I would support this. It would allow cake to behave pretty much as I have
HTB+fq_codel currently set up for both egress and ingress (via ifb0) on my
border router/firewall. I fwmark egress traffic based on various criteria
using ip[6]tables & transfer the marks to conntrack where they are recovered
on ingress to classify inbound responses to outbound requests.

It would also classify inbound traffic better if cake could use fwmarks in
that way as diffserv is currently pretty much useless for that purpose with
most ISPs.

John