[Cake] Cake latency update

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:36:08 EST 2017

I’m seeing good latency results for Cake at lower MCS levels (graphs below), in case that wasn’t already known. These results are with half-duplex rate limiting at around 90% of iperf3 reported throughput. “Default” is LEDE’s default from the ath9k driver.

In addition to these fixed MCS level tests, I’m also testing MCS level “steps” (step up and step down in the middle of the test), and a varying MCS level test to simulate what can happen in the field. Full results to follow later...

Pete

http://www.drhleny.cz/bufferbloat/mcstmp/mcs_latency.png <http://www.drhleny.cz/bufferbloat/mcstmp/mcs_latency.png>

http://www.drhleny.cz/bufferbloat/mcstmp/mcs_throughput.png <http://www.drhleny.cz/bufferbloat/mcstmp/mcs_throughput.png>