[Cake] diffserv3 tin 2 target 50% of interval?

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:44:12 EST 2017

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22 Feb, 2017, at 13:12, Pete Heist <peteheist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, but for what it’s worth, so far I’m not seeing this confer any benefit as far as latency is concerned. I will make full results available later, but for now, here are two plots for the rrul test
>
> The RRUL test, when viewed in Flent, only shows the latency induced by one flow (bulk) on another (ping).  This is influenced mainly by the flow-isolation and priority-queue mechanisms, not by AQM. Where AQM helps is the effect of a flow on its *own* latency.

Ok, so this might explain why I haven’t seen large latency differences between sfq and fq_codel or Cake in the RRUL test. There are some differences, but they’re higher at lower bitrates.

Still, shouldn’t the latency of EF compared to BE in the same test be lower, or not?

And where can I find the latest tc?