[Cake] [LEDE-DEV] Cake SQM killing my DIR-860L - was: [17.01] Kernel: bump to 4.4.51

John Yates john at yates-sheets.org
Thu Mar 2 18:16:30 EST 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> As for speeding up hashing, I've been looking over various algorithms to
> do that for years now, I'm open to suggestions. The fastest new ones
> tend to depend on co-processor support. The fastest I've seen relies on
> the CRC32 instruction which is only in some intel platforms.

​This is an area where I have a fair amount of experience...​

​What are the requirements for this hashing function?
- How much data is being hashed?  I am guessing a limited number of bytes
rather than an entire packet payload.
- What is the typical number of hash table buckets?  Is it prime or a power
of 2?

/john