[Cake] diffserv3 tin 2 target 50% of interval?

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 11:41:56 EDT 2017

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:32 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> On 22 Feb, 2017, at 13:12, Pete Heist <peteheist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, but for what it’s worth, so far I’m not seeing this confer any benefit as
>>> far as latency is concerned. I will make full results available later, but for
>>> now, here are two plots for the rrul test
>>
>> The RRUL test, when viewed in Flent, only shows the latency induced by one flow
>> (bulk) on another (ping). This is influenced mainly by the flow-isolation and
>> priority-queue mechanisms, not by AQM.
>
> Flent in git will capture the TCP RTT (using ss) and plot that as well;
> you can try that out and see if you can measure a difference :)

Hi Toke, thanks for that, I’m finally getting around to using flent from source now, and saw the new plots: tcp_cwnd, tcp_rtt and tcp_rtt_cdf- then figured out they only work when the test is run with the —socket-stats flag. :)

They shouldn’t otherwise affect the results, right? Because I’d basically enable this for all of my flent runs.

Preliminarily, I _am_ seeing differences within TCP flows as the configuration is changed on my OM2P-HS / LEDE setup. There are some surprises, at least for me, but I’ll save the details until I post my second round of results because they require a lot of context, but hopefully these stats help give more insight into what’s going on. Thanks!