[Cake] ER-X now running cake, thanks for the help. :)

erik.taraldsen at telenor.com erik.taraldsen at telenor.com
Fri May 5 09:55:26 EDT 2017

> Fra: Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de>

> .. snip <good explanations and tips>
> One problem with the unelastic load is that as far as I can tell no flow on the open internet is
> allows/assumed to behave like that (isn’t the default tcp-friendly, and inelastic DOS traffic is
> essentially out-lawed?)

You are right in that single stream udp without any feedback is a quite unrealistic load.  It is however usually a good indicator of possible trouble with bufferbloat.  When I get delays in the multiple seconds range there usually is no point in running more realistic tests such as flent, so I tend to start with that udp test before setting up a lab.  Current record found in production systems is 34 seconds.

I'll redo the test using flent in the lab next week, using both fq_codel and cake.

-Erik