[Cake] total download rate with many flows

George Amanakis g_amanakis at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 11:32:47 EST 2017

I did more testing regarding this issue.

I found out that if I use "interplanetary", I do not observe the
behaviour I mentioned before. I still need to test the responsiveness of
other hosts while one of them is using too many flows with this setting.

Setup is the same, cake configuration was:

qdisc cake 8007: dev ens4 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 12200Kbit besteffort
dual-dsthost wash ingress rtt 3600.0s noatm overhead 18 via-ethernet mpu 64
qdisc cake 8008: dev ens3 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 2500Kbit besteffort
dual-srchost nat wash rtt 3600.0s noatm overhead 18 via-ethernet mpu 64