[Cake] small cake_hash optimization?

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:49:01 EST 2017

> On Nov 22, 2017, at 7:38 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is somewhat unfair to not include the pfifo bandwidth on the test
> (a cpu cost/byte might be a better metric), also pfifo_fast has three
> tiers of classification in it.

Yeah, it’s probably better to not try to subtract the pfifo_fast system time out in the way that I did. I should probably just compare cake with and without the change, using a more accurate tool.

I don’t see how the change could hurt, but I also now am not sure it helps much either. I guess it’s just two divs per call to cake_hash, which is obviously going to happen more at GigE.

Thanks for the advice…