[Cake] 1Gbit/20Mbit D/L with ack-filtering

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Wed Nov 29 17:34:06 EST 2017

Very interesting.  The aggressive-ack-filter seems to mess throughput up during "boost phase" compared to ack-filter less agreesive.

I should say that my most common heavy upload/download usage has an RTT of 88 msec. (Boston - AWS west).

Personal heavy upload/download usage is has RTT of about 24 msec. (github, my two personal cloud servers).

I wonder if 88 and 25 msec RTT are much better in practice. I will be testing cake in a week or so (delay due to family converging on me due to my daughter's wedding).

BTW, one annoying thing about flent is that netperf is not available in fedora, rhel, centos as a package. So I have to install it and it doesn't just plug in smoothly.  That's just my convenience issue. I don't use netperf myself on any of my systems. iperf and iperf3 seem to be a lot more pervasive these days...