[Cake] Testing wanted: Statistics API rework

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner marcelo.leitner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:39:05 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:30:35PM +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Hey everyone
>
> As you have probably seen, the posting of CAKE to netdev resulted in
> feedback saying that versioned structs are a no-go. Well, I've just
> pushed a change to both the cake and tc repos that changes the
> statistics reporting to used nested netlink attributes.
>
> If someone has time to test it (especially on mips!), that would be
> great; I think we still have a few days left of net-next being open, so

We should still have ~4 weeks of net-next open. It will close when
Linus releases the v4.17, which is when v4.18 merge window starts (and
thus why net-next gets closed).  Considering 1 -rc per week and at
least 4 more -rc's, ~4 weeks.

To be more precise, if that is possible, we can use the crystal ball
:-)
http://phb-crystal-ball.org/
Jun 10th.