[Cake] issue with Cake and bpf filter

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Sun Aug 12 04:17:25 EDT 2018

I’m seeing a panic (or infinite loop, not sure) when using Cake (not fq_codel or sfq) with a simple bpf filter that just sets skb->tc_classid to a fixed value. I haven’t investigated further yet, but since I’m away from the computer more these days I thought it better to post what I have so far in case someone wants to look at it.

The attached contains the code and setup script I’m using and a README.txt with instructions on how to reproduce it and some more notes. Be prepared that it’s something I’m doing wrong. :) However, I also probably shouldn’t be able to cause this to happen this easily either, regardless of where the actual issue is...

Pete