[Cake] fq_codel_fast

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:24:27 EDT 2018

This version does indeed work against net-next. I managed to break
myself because I'd been fiddling with flows 32 in some cases, and my
version
returns ENOTSUPP for that which sqm doesn't catch... and ohhh....
boy... htb with a 1000 packet fifo buffer fallback... SUCKS! :)

As for profiling, once again I found myself distracted by the ecn
debate. Fitting ecn 500 flows through a 100mbit bottleneck results in
1300 packets outstanding
26 flows that can't start (presumably due to ecn fall back), and
without ecn, 450 packets outstanding 3 flows that can't start.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 7:23 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm presently compiling against net-next.
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 1:12 AM Pete Heist <pete at heistp.net> wrote:
> >

> > > On Aug 29, 2018, at 3:04 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyway, this should be a drop in replacement (presently) for fq_codel,
> > > that compiles out of tree and rips out almost everything I don't like.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/dtaht/fq_codel_fast
> >
> > Cool…I’d give it a quick run but it doesn’t compile for me (attached). Kernel version?
> >
> > > I think the tc filter thing really hurt us in cake.
> >
> > It would be interesting to see how much. Jon also expressed concern and I’d been meaning to try some benchmarks before and after that change…
> >

> --
>
> Dave Täht
> CEO, TekLibre, LLC
> http://www.teklibre.com