[Cake] COBALT implementation in ns-3 with results under different traffic scenarios

Jendaipou Palmei jendaipoupalmei at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 03:37:45 EST 2018

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, we are using TCP NewReno at the moment.

There was a typo in labeling the Y-axis; instead of "Throughput" it should
be "Link Utilization" in the following graphs (now corrected):

https://github.com/Daipu/COBALT/wiki/Light-Traffic

throughput graphs for the same scenario are here:

https://github.com/Daipu/COBALT/wiki/Instantaneous-throughput:-Light-Traffic

and cwnd graphs here:

https://github.com/Daipu/COBALT/wiki/cwnd-plots:-Light-traffic

So, now what we see is that although queue occupancy is under control and
link remains fully utilized, the senders cwnd gets synchronized in one
scenario (only when packet size is 1000 bytes and with COBALT). For all
other cases, there is no synchronization of cwnd (including COBALT with
packet size 1500 bytes).

By hidden queues, do you mean the NIC buffers? ns-3 has a Linux-like
traffic control wherein the packets dequeued by a queue discipline are
enqueued into NIC buffer.

The tasks that we're currently working on are listed here:

https://github.com/Daipu/COBALT/issues/1

Thanks a lot for your help. We really appreciate it.

Regards,
Jendaipou Palmei
Shefali Gupta