[Cake] Query Regarding Ack_Filter

Shefali Gupta shefaligups11 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:42:13 EST 2018

Hello Jonathan and Dave,

We're trying to implement Ack_Filter in ns-3, while working on your
suggestions in parallel for validating the implementation of COBALT in ns-3.

As far as we understand, we need TCP header information related to SACK
Blocks, ECN, Source Port, SYN flag, ACK Flag, etc for Ack_Filter to work.

Since Cake will be deployed at network devices, we're not able to figure
out how will be the (higher layer) information accessible.

Are we missing out on something that is very obvious?

Thanks and Regards,
Shefali Gupta
Jendaipou Palmei