[Cake] Modification of DRR with deficit saving

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 10:53:36 EST 2018

Sanity check: the active flow list in Jim's work is very compact
as it counts only the flows with a packet in the queue.
So you need to read that paragraph with this in mind. Then you'll agree :)

I have a reasonable proof that what cake is doing is truly sane.
You just need to compare cake to Jim's monumental work and see that it fits
in that class.
Then you sleep well as I do.

don't pay too much attention to admission control.
Even if it makes sense to me. In case of overload, i.e. too many flows in
the system for too long,
nobody is happy.
Accepting more flows is making no one happier. The new one included.
So instead of dropping one random packet, dropping new SYN packets seems
like the bouncer telling
you "guys: there is no room left". And it works well in the home.