[Cake] Modification of DRR with deficit saving

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 11:39:03 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Luca Muscariello
<luca.muscariello at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is a big mountain to climb

And this one wasn't? :)

The really ironic thing that I discovered: is that whatsapp is
universal here - it's everywhere - even on business cards - over both
cellular and wifi. Why? Because voice and videoconferencing comms are
so unreliable that store and forward is the only way to communicate
reliably.

So it's kind of like a return of usenet or CB radio, if those
analogies could apply to a culture that had never experienced both.

When I finally figured out why whatsapp was so popular, I laughed and laughed.

Humanity will find a bug and route around it, indeed, far faster than
we can fix the internet. "Can your hear me? Over".

All that work to make better queuing available, so long from
deployment. The radio I'm behind right now (in a bar), has a version
of ubnt's firmware from 5+ years ago on it...

Fiber is being deployed (single mode!), at rates starting at 2Mbit/sec
in san juan del sur, (http://www.cootel.com.ni/ - massive
bufferbloat), on the cheapest hardware imaginable and after I got it
working it failed a few days later two hops into their network ...
why? the fiber got cut a few blocks just out of town... which is still
unfixed, days later.

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Done fixing the home. It's time to fix the rest of the internet. And
>> that's not just queue theory but address assignment and routing.
>> Here's
>> a traceroute from where I sit in Nicaragua at the moment, post cake.
>> How to figure out exactly how much NAT is on the path?

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619