[Cake] Cake on openwrt - falling behind

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Sun Jul 1 12:54:46 EDT 2018

> On Jul 1, 2018, at 4:38 PM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>
> I haven’t looked yet to see if working archs define ‘CONFIG_HAVE_EFFICIENT_UNALIGNED_ACCESS’ and non working archs don’t….but to me it’s an obvious place to start poking, as we clearly have some/most archs wher the iproute/tc & cake code talk well….and one arch where they don’t…. to me that sort of rules out tc/cake doing anything silly.

I tried a hail mary and compiled with CONFIG_HAVE_EFFICIENT_UNALIGNED_ACCESS=y, but didn’t see a change. Don’t take that for 100% because CONFIG_IKCONFIG_PROC wasn’t set when I went so I can’t prove it’s actually set. Anyway, I’ll probably get back to narrowing down a few basics so I understand it better.

> There’s a ‘kmon-nlmon’ that allows you to create a virtual network interface for the netlink packets and thus capture (tcpdump) and export to wireshark for dissection.  I had a look at that a few weeks ago but my head exploded and have only just recovered enough to start looking at this problem again….

Cool, I might eventually get to that point. My head also approached some thermal limits last night with this unfamiliar build system but it’s getting a little better… :)