[Cake] Cake on openwrt - falling behind

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Mon Jul 2 16:09:08 EDT 2018

> On Jul 2, 2018, at 9:31 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I got it to work after re-flashing with tftp. :) It looks like the
>> OM2P is not always successfully performing sysupgrades, perhaps due to
>> its limited memory (64M), but I’m not sure.

I see now, my OM2P was actually running out of its “massive” 16 meg flash space on the sysupgrade because I had installed tcpdump, nlmon, etc while making netlink dumps. I got as far as correlating values in the tin stats with segments of the stats blob, but without a wireshark dissector for cake stats in netlink (who’s volunteering there? haha, I’d started considering it) I was still miles away from noticing the padding difference in the messages.

> Great, thanks for testing, both of you!

Surely- you saved me a heck of a lot of discovery time by spotting this, Gandalf, if I ever would've gotten there. :)

Finally, sleep, but I see your new version now so I’ll test it first…