[Cake] Van Jacobson at netdevconf earlier this week

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 11:35:06 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 14 Jul, 2018, at 1:22 am, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I look forward to the press coverage and videos of these sessions.
>
> Did you get anything like that from LANMAN?

Lanman is a very small conference. I viewed my preso there as an alpha
test for future conferences. At one level
going on the road again at this point, to talk to the wisp, 5g, rdk,
netdevconf, and ietf folk makes sense, at another, well... lacking
travel budget, graphic sense, and patience, makes it intimidating.
Still, I am trying to summon up the gumption to go on the road
again... or at least do talks in my local area.

netdevconf is also a very small conference. Although I think highly of
what they are doing (being far more technical and linux grassroots
oriented, than LF, and going back to back with ietf in the hope that
some folk and ideas bleed across), I was being sarcastic about even VJ
getting any coverage from the press. I doubt anyone we know in the
tech press was there, not ars, not wired - not even sure if lwn sent
anyone.

do hope various talks were filmed though.

>  - Jonathan Morton

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619