[Cake] inbound cake or fq_codel shaping fails on cable on netflix reno

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Jul 24 10:54:01 EDT 2018

> On 24 Jul 2018, at 14:51, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now that you can join the party, I note there IS a flent server in england with irtt on it.
>
> flent-london.bufferbloat.net

Ok, well if you’re desperately interested….. :-)

Plot I did running to the london server, one shaped at 99% downstream, the other at 98%…. and I’ve decided to stick at 98% as a result - plot is a little bit hard to distinguish but I’d say there’s around 8ms avg less latency-ish between the two.  And an order of magnitude between using london v fremont :-)

The upstream barely registers

# tc -s qdisc show dev ifb4eth0
qdisc cake 801a: root refcnt 2 bandwidth 78400Kbit diffserv3 dual-dsthost nat ingress split-gso rtt 100.0ms ptm overhead 26