[Cake] cake at line rate on some routers?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:07:32 EDT 2018

I would be kind of curious what happens if you made cake the default qdisc
on whatever openwrt router you had, and tested the impact on
throughput and latency to and through it (with no nat or firewall
rules).

fq_codel being the lighter-weight default I would expect lower throughput from
cake, especially on the low-end mips boxes, but at least one of my arm
based and of course the apu2 box can default to cake without me seeing
much impact.

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619