[Cake] Lockup at high speeds

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Fri Jun 1 15:23:18 EDT 2018

Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com> writes:

> I cannot reproduce this using veth.
> I am on latest net-next with upstream-4.18 and running Dave's veth with:
> server --- delay --- isp --- mbox --- client
>
> server, delay, isp boxes have noqueue qdiscs.
> mbox has cake set at "datacentre" in unlimited mode.
> This setup achieves ~12gbit/s in both directions (~24gbit/s total) on
> my machine.
>
> Could you share your kernel configuration?

.config attached. Kernel is net-next and I built Cake from the cobalt
branch for this test. Happens in unlimited mode and when the shaper is
set to 60gbps, but not when it is set to 40gbps. This is using Mellanox
100gig NICs and cake installed on the upstream link. Happens pretty
reliably, too.

-Toke