[Cake] Bandwidith rate by host instead of global while using [dual-]srchost and [dual-]dsthost

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Jun 11 15:44:25 EDT 2018

Michel Blais <michel at targointernet.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible while using srchost, or dual-srchost, and dsthost, or
> dual-dsthost, to do a bandwidth limitation by host instead of global ? From
> what I read, seem like not.

No, not currently (as Dave said). I do believe it would be possible to
extend the current architecture to support this, though. Basically,
making the number of tins configurable to an arbitrary number and making
it possible to set individual bandwidths on them should do the trick. A
TC filter could then be used to assign traffic to the right tin based on
whatever information is available.

However, I don't think the current way of finding the next tin to
service is going to scale to an arbitrary number of tins, so this
probably needs to be changed before such a configuration is really
feasible...

-Toke