[Cake] Bandwidith rate by host instead of global while using [dual-]srchost and [dual-]dsthost

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Tue Jun 12 02:55:34 EDT 2018

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 10:17 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I long ago ran out of motivation and money to continue working on
> bufferbloat. It's fixed enough,
> for those that care. It's on enough devices (more every day) now to
> give those that succeed some market advantage.

Any thoughts on worthy work beyond bloat?

> Heaving cake over the transom is the "last" thing. And after 18
> versions in the last round, toke's fried, I'm fried, everybody's
> fried. I'm very happy it started cracking 40gbits, stumped at the bug
> stopping us.

I wish I could even reproduce that, then I’d at least take a caveman approach to solving it.

> I *am* going to washington DC week after next for the lanman2018
> presentation of cake, and perhaps I'll find a way to raise some hell
> with the FCC, congress, or the FTC (suggestions wanted), but...

Please do.

I feel we need a re-decentralization of the Internet’s infrastructure and services, and the FCC’s actions are not helping. I’m not sure how to get that across when the only language spoken is money.