[Cake] lanman2018 cake talk ideas

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:44:13 EDT 2018

I started at the lanman2018 talk (to be given next tuesday), this past
weekend, for "piece of cake" ( https://arxiv.org/abs/1804.07617 )

Try as I might, finding a memorable narrative hook to fit into 20
minutes eludes me. There's so much to cake! There's no room for me to
break out a guitar or carry a case of water bottles into this preso.

A principal complaint of the reviewers of the paper  was the lack of
real world tests, so I snuck in a couple sides for that and am working
on incorporating the graphs and other text from the paper.

But ya know, it's always been a group effort and if anyone(s) here
would like to contribute better slides, jokes, text, ideas, graphs,
charts, or whatever, it would be helpful, because I can no longer see
the forest after passing through it. I've oft wished we had the
equivalent of a corp communications department 'cause my attempts at
graphics generally suck.

What does a ieee lanman2018 audience already grok, what needs to be explained?

I will be periodically updating the currently very raw

http://www.taht.net/~d/cake/ieee.odp

as we go along. Please share your thoughts....

CEO, TekLibre, LLC