[Cake] lanman2018 cake talk ideas

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Thu Jun 21 03:04:17 EDT 2018

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:43 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think your "megabit myth" idea (and language) would be a very
> powerful paper and/or talk to try and hammer home in multiple venues.
>
> I might spend a slide on it at this conference, but it deserves more
> focus than that.

Ok, I’ve finally got a few freer days coming up, so I’ll see if I can’t make progress on backed up tasks, then maybe write something up on this. Might retreat from the lists meanwhile.

On slide #4: Ubiquity -> Ubiquiti. And consider adding Verizon. My mother has Verizon Fios (50Mbit symmetric fiber) near Philly and that was the connection I referred to earlier- it just doesn’t feel like 50Mbit symmetric fiber should.

As a side note, Google as a whole seems responsible as far as the big four go when it comes to bloat (and other things). BBR advanced the state of things, and they financed it after all, so it deserves some appreciation, to the devs as well. Worth mentioning in this preso? :)

I like the Cake vs Sonic Fiber slide, and would like to hear the commentary. In case they video the presentation, do post a link. Best of luck!