[Cake] Cake on openwrt - falling behind

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Sat Jun 30 13:26:56 EDT 2018

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 6:37 PM, Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recently acquired a linksys wrt1900acs (arm/mvebu), I will test this by compiling latest openwrt with latest sch_cake/master and tc-adv/master.

Hi Georgios- I’m also donating tonight to making some progress on this, so let’s see what we can come up with. :) This is actually the first time I’ve had to compile OpenWRT- my VM ran out of memory the first time, but my laptop's fans have been on full blast for 10 minutes now so it looks like all’s well.

I’m not yet sure how to get the head of cake and tc-adv into the tree but I figured I’d cross that bridge when I come to it. Ideally I’d like to be able to recompile sch_cake.ko after the system is running and not have to rebuild an OpenWRT image every time I make a change, in case I want to experiment with the code, so I hope that’s possible. I worked with C back in the day, but with rather different tooling so at the moment I feel like my hands are tied behind my back- hoping that changes. :)

For starters, I’ll just attempt to try it on my OM2P (cpumodel MIPS 24Kc V7.4). I would be thrilled if the tc stats failed.

Pete