[Cake] Cake on openwrt - falling behind

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Sat Jun 30 14:55:14 EDT 2018

> On 30 Jun 2018, at 19:09, Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Great Pete!
>
> For cake it's not hard to do, previously I was just switching PKG_SOURCE_VERSION in package/kernel/kmod-sched-cake/Makefile to the latest git commit. That would be:
> PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=0520a6cbcce759b109568b26df3b6081aed42483
> Then I just go for "make package/kmod-sched-cake/compile -j1 V=s" in openwrt root directory. The version in git master should also compile for 4.14, shouldn't it?
>
> For tc-adv, I don't exactly remember out of the top of my head, but I think I had to modify the iproute2-full package which also compiles TC. I will let you know once I get my hands on it.
>
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 1:26 PM Pete Heist <pete at heistp.net> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 30, 2018, at 6:37 PM, Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I recently acquired a linksys wrt1900acs (arm/mvebu), I will test this by compiling latest openwrt with latest sch_cake/master and tc-adv/master.
>
> Hi Georgios- I’m also donating tonight to making some progress on this, so let’s see what we can come up with. :) This is actually the first time I’ve had to compile OpenWRT- my VM ran out of memory the first time, but my laptop's fans have been on full blast for 10 minutes now so it looks like all’s well.
>
> I’m not yet sure how to get the head of cake and tc-adv into the tree but I figured I’d cross that bridge when I come to it. Ideally I’d like to be able to recompile sch_cake.ko after the system is running and not have to rebuild an OpenWRT image every time I make a change, in case I want to experiment with the code, so I hope that’s possible. I worked with C back in the day, but with rather different tooling so at the moment I feel like my hands are tied behind my back- hoping that changes. :)
>
> For starters, I’ll just attempt to try it on my OM2P (cpumodel MIPS 24Kc V7.4). I would be thrilled if the tc stats failed.
>
> Pete

May I direct your attention to https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/ldir.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cakepatches

A selection of patches including my hack workaround…which you can choose to include/exclude from your test builds… as well as Toke’s ‘extra info’ patch to see what netlink stats blocks are being returned.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A