[Cake] Cake on openwrt - falling behind

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Sat Jun 30 18:43:54 EDT 2018

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 11:37 PM, Pete Heist <pete at heistp.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 30, 2018, at 10:58 PM, Georgios Amanakis <gamanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Usually this is what I do, too. You have to install the base openwrt image you just compiled and then install the two ipks. Otherwise if you go with some other precompiled base  image it throws dependency errors.
>>
>> Did you install the base image you just compiled?
>
> Yes, installed the one that was built into bin/targets/ar71xx/generic:
>
> OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r7360-e15565a01c
>
> It's the sysupgrade image for OM2P, then I used sysupgrade to install as I’ve done with release builds.
>
> Also not sure if I applied the patches right. I just copied them into the right package directory, but now I’m reading about quilt, if I should have installed them some proper way.

There are a whole bunch of unknown symbols in dmesg. I’ll just make clean and build from scratch. Not much progress for a spent Saturday night. :)

act_mirred: Unknown symbol __tcf_hash_release (err 0)
act_mirred: Unknown symbol tcf_generic_walker (err 0)
…
act_skbedit: Unknown symbol __tcf_hash_release (err 0)
act_skbedit: Unknown symbol tcf_generic_walker (err 0)
…
sch_ingress: Unknown symbol net_dec_egress_queue (err 0)
sch_ingress: Unknown symbol net_dec_ingress_queue (err 0)