[Cake] [PATCH net-next v7 0/7] sched: Add Common Applications Kept Enhanced (cake) qdisc
toke at toke.dk
Wed May 2 11:10:58 EDT 2018
This patch series adds the CAKE qdisc, and has been split up to ease
I have attempted to split out each configurable feature into its own patch.
The first commit adds the base shaper and packet scheduler, while
subsequent commits add the optional features. The full userspace API and
most data structures are included in this commit, but options not
understood in the base version will be ignored.
The result of applying the entire series is identical to the out of tree
version that have seen extensive testing in previous deployments, most
notably as an out of tree patch to OpenWrt. However, note that I have only
compile tested the individual patches; so the whole series should be
considered as a unit.
- Split up patch into a series to ease review.
- Constify the ACK filter.
- Fix 6in4 encapsulation checks in ACK filter code
- Checkpatch fixes
- Refactor ACK filter code and hopefully fix the safety issues
properly this time.
- Only split GSO packets if shaping at speeds <= 1Gbps
- Fix overhead calculation code to also work for GSO packets
- Don't re-implement kvzalloc()
- Remove local header include from out-of-tree build (fixes kbuild-bot
- Several fixes to the ACK filter:
- Check pskb_may_pull() before deref of transport headers.
- Don't run ACK filter logic on split GSO packets
- Fix TCP sequence number compare to deal with wraparounds
- Use IS_REACHABLE() macro to fix compilation when sch_cake is
built-in and conntrack is a module.
- Switch the stats output to use nested netlink attributes instead
of a versioned struct.
- Remove GPL boilerplate.
- Fix array initialisation style.
- Fix kbuild test bot complaint
- Clean up the netlink ABI
- Fix checkpatch complaints
- A few tweaks to the behaviour of cake based on testing carried out
while writing the paper.
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen (7):
sched: Add Common Applications Kept Enhanced (cake) qdisc
sch_cake: Add ingress mode
sch_cake: Add optional ACK filter
sch_cake: Add NAT awareness to packet classifier
sch_cake: Add DiffServ handling
sch_cake: Add overhead compensation support to the rate shaper
sch_cake: Conditionally split GSO segments
include/uapi/linux/pkt_sched.h | 105 ++
net/sched/Kconfig | 11
net/sched/Makefile | 1
net/sched/sch_cake.c | 2697 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
4 files changed, 2814 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 net/sched/sch_cake.c
More information about the Cake