cake repo

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Sat May 26 13:42:42 EDT 2018

Hi Dave,

Re: your github cake repo…… could you either a) merge cobalt into master and trash the cobalt branch…which will be merge hell… or don’t even bother about the merge and do  ‘git checkout master; git reset —hard cobalt; git push -f’  ‘cos I really don’t give two hoots about rewriting history.  Or b) tell github that cobalt is the main branch.

There have been a few instances where people have cloned cake & tc repos, assumed master is the place to be and ended up with…. something that doesn’t work.  Arguably I don’t care what is done… but the naive user shouldn’t have to ‘git checkout cobalt’ to get something that works.

Waits for screams. ;-)

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A