[Cake] Fwd: Does the latest cake support "tc filter"?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:42:11 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am very interested in collecting use cases and howtos as to how to
>> use this feature.
>
> Well, with tc-bpf you can write a BPF program to do any processing you
> like, and select diffserv tin and/or flow queue based on that... :)

I guess "why", is also a good pre-requisite.

My own thought for bpf was that it could be used to more actively
identify "bad guys" as a front
end to cake, dropping packets and never hitting it - but then I
realized that that would muck with the inbound shaper mode, yet again.

> -Toke

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619