[Cake] cake at 3gbit

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu May 31 11:40:14 EDT 2018

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> I DO have real 10GigE hardware now, but would love to see someone
> trying cake at 40GigE+ in the real world now that it allows
> superpackets and the api allows for more than 40Gbit to be specified.

I have had no problem saturating a 40Gig link with Cake on it with TCP
traffic. Even with the shaper enabled, I got pretty much to line rate,
IIRC (hence the change switching the rate parameter to 64 bits).

I just got some 100gig cards, so maybe there's a chance we can hit a
bottleneck with those. I'll do a quick test run shot once I get them
installed :)

-Toke