[Cake] Query Regarding CAKE

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Mon Nov 19 12:59:57 EST 2018

Shefali Gupta <shefaligups11 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Jonathan and Dave,
>
> Thanks for the quick replies.
>
> We took sometime to understand the whole framework and have come up
> with some more queries:
>
> 1. Can we use the COBALT code available on the following link as a
> reference:
> https://github.com/dtaht/sch_cake/blob/old-master/cobalt.c
>
> 2. Since ns-3 code is in C++, we're hoping to implement the different
> modules (four modules as mentioned in LANMAN paper) of Cake in
> separate classes.
> Is that approach fine? or you recommend us to implement all modules in
> a single file as done in Linux?

I see jon has a later reply to this, this is just a note.

I would in the long run, really like to see a C++ boost library
implementing all the bufferbloat-fighting algorithms generically - I
tend to think that GPS fair and load-shedding and rate-limiting behavior
would be a boon in many applications.

I started work once on doing something generic in userspace in C but,
well, go do a "man queue" and recoil in horror. I should stick that
somewhere and tie myself to the chair long enough to finish it.

hmm... perhaps Go?