[Cake] fq_codel_fast

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Thu Sep 6 14:36:27 EDT 2018

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 7:22 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There was a very good paper or two (I think luca co-authored one) that
> showed that "active flows" were generally measured in the mid 200s in
> nearly any scenario. I agreed with that which was in part why I felt
> we could stick
> with 1024 queues, a direct mapped hash, and a couple collisions.

So I’m not sure if this is a great way to gauge active flow counts through a router, but at 8pm:

root at FreeNetVysina:~# grep ESTABLISHED /proc/net/ip_conntrack | wc -l
446
FreeNetJerab:~# grep ESTABLISHED /proc/net/ip_conntrack | wc -l
181
FreeNetOldrichova:~# grep ESTABLISHED /proc/net/ip_conntrack | wc -l
228

Far from my estimate of tens. Many of those can be idle connections, I suspect. 60-80% of them are http/s.