[Cake] Munin-Plugins

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Sep 13 06:27:24 EDT 2018

Ruben <ruben at vfn-nrw.de> writes:

> Hey guys,
>
> I've already mentioned this in a response to dtaht on GitHub, but here
> again for everyone:
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to extend the tin statistics by
> packets for backlog.

Why do you need packets when there's already bytes?

> Also I haven't found details on the man page, but haven't looked in
> the code how exactly flows are defined for the new 2 level fair
> queueings.

A flow is a flow (hash on the regular 5-tuple). Unless you install
custom tc filters, in which case a flow could be anything you want it to
be...

> I would like to show hosts as well as flows in a graph, in the various
> states as summary as well as per tin. But hosts aren't shown in the
> statistics. But they could be helpful to see unexpected rises if
> someone is abusing the system.

Hmm, guess we could do "number of hosts per tin" accounting as well as
flows. But it would be bloating up the already bloated statistics. But
on the other hand, they are already quite bloated, so another pair of
stats maybe wouldn't make much of a difference?

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

-Toke