[Cake] cake in dd-wrt

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de
Tue Aug 20 13:29:12 EDT 2019

Am 20.08.2019 um 18:58 schrieb Toke Høiland-Jørgensen:
> Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de> writes:
>
>> Am 20.08.2019 um 18:24 schrieb Dave Taht:
>>> Yea! thx for being on the list!

>>> I just wanted to make people here aware that it was happening.
>>>
>>> Is there a build now?
>> the first builds with cake are already out yes, but unfinished. we
>> started then to rewrite major parts of the qos code. i expect to push out
>> a new build tomorrow. it will still not use the full potential of cake
>> since we have to bring all together with the priority and ndpi and
>> filter based filter together
>> with the cake scheduler.
> Are you aware that you can use the tc filtering functionality to make
> this play along with cake's tiers?
we are already using filters. yes. its just that cake is acting always
as root and we have different sorts of qos configurations. so you have
wan. but we may have multiple lan interfaces with individual qos
settings. the same for mac / ip based user settings. so in fact we need
to create a individual qdisc for each of these setting types in worst
case, but in that case we cannot take in account the global available
bandwidth anymore.

>>> Are you using the out of tree version or mainline? Out of tree has
>>> some experimental SCE work
>>> that I'd love to see tested at more scale but not actually shipped at this time.
>> out of tree straight from git with modifications to be compatible to my
>> kernels since your compatiblity layer is mmh not perfect.
> Please do feel free to send a pull request with your fixes for the
> compatibility stuff! :)
will do after i have taken out specific mods for my kernels again. its
really nothing much. just some kernel minor versions for 3.18 and 4.4
got some features backported which collided with the cobalt header.
i'm now already ahead with doing a out of tree version of fq_codel_fast
for multiple kernel versions