[Cake] cake in dd-wrt

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de
Wed Aug 21 03:30:33 EDT 2019

Am 20.08.2019 um 21:07 schrieb Jonathan Morton:
>> On 20 Aug, 2019, at 9:39 pm, Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de> wrote:
>>
>> …a heavy bittorrent downloader will still steal the bandwidth of my scp session.
> If you can identify the Bittorrent packets, you can mark them CS1, and switch on Cake's "diffserv3" mode (as it is by default).  Then the Bittorrent packets will still be able to use full bandwidth if it's available, but will be limited to 1/16th of the total if there is contention.
we have already priorisation class system in the gui which was used in
the past which offers more classes than offered but this isnt the point
here.
it wont be limited to a 1/16 if we have multiple lan interfaces or
different settings per user (specified by mac or ip/net). so we need a
cake instance for each lan interface but these cake instances dont know
of each other. so each will use the full bandwidth available
its not just about limiting a single service on a single interface. this
isnt a problem