[Cake] Trouble with CAKE

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 13 09:15:09 EST 2019

Hi Thibaut,

so ADSL is both special and precious, may I recommend to follow the instructions on https://github.com/moeller0/ATM_overhead_detector? This will either confirm the overhead settings, or more likely "explode" if the freeebox truely tunnels all IPv4 data through IPv6. In both cases the results should be interesting. As a quick test, what is the textual output from the "Share Your Results" box on https://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php?

I would not be amazed if the issue might be related to having a whoping 40 bytes more of unaccounted for per-packet-overhead (in combination with ATM/AAL5's lovely per packet padding). But that might all be moot if it is/was caused by a kernel issue.