[Cake] cake infinite loop(?) with hfsc on one-armed router

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Jan 5 15:10:50 EST 2019

Pete Heist <pete at heistp.net> writes:

> That first bug report looks decidedly similar to mine, but Toke would
> have to comment on the specifics. So far I see the patch to
> sch_codel.c you mentioned and another two-liner to remove the warning
> in hfsc.c (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/933611/). It would be
> really good to know that that warning is truly bogus, that it wasn’t
> put there by the author for good reason, as Toke may have been
> thinking of a different way to fix hfsc.

Well, it's the same WARN_ON(), and if that patch had been applied,
debugging our issue would have been a lot harder, I think. But the
underlying issue is different, and we still need to fix HFSC (and
probably CAKE as well).

> Thanks for bringing this up! I see that I ought to search
> OpenWRT/kernel.org next time… :)

Yeah, nice find. I'll make sure that CAKE doesn't suffer from the same
issue that https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg450655.html fixes for
CoDel while I'm writing patches... :)

-Toke