[Cake] Raising IETF travel funds for Jonathon Morton?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 00:51:06 EDT 2019

I would like to thank everyone that helped to raise sufficient funds
so that Jonathan can attend IETF.

I now have more than enough from y'all to cover it!

Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH. You can stop now. Any additional
contributions to my paypal account will be used for beer money. (Real
beer, rather than virtual).

I'm going to be traveling pretty heavily in the next few days and
offline a lot. We have lined up at least one additional co-author on
the draft, perhaps two, and put it through a string of revisions that
look promising. We secured a talk on the agenda about SCE at tsvwg,
late in the first day. ICCRG was full up.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> As usual I'm pretty broke. I'm at netdevconf and ietf for an entirely
> different reason [1], and tackling the additional SCE and L4S workload
> without jonathan as backup would be difficult.
>
> If we could raise, oh, $1600 or so via my patreon (~1000 IETF
> attendance, 300 train ride, I don't know what netdevconf costs, I'm a
> speaker)  for jon to also come, that would be great.
>
> https://www.patreon.com/dtaht
>
> We have a houseboat (a.k.a the "bufferboat") reserved for us via
> airbnb that has a few spare bunks, so accommodation is not a problem.
>
> Anybody else here coming to these conferences? I'm looking forward to
> finalizing the wifi work, especially, at netdevconf.
>
> Thx.
>
> [1]  I'm talking at netdevconf about a feasibility study we've been
> doing in support of this straw-man draft
> (https://github.com/dtaht/unicast-extensions/blob/master/rfcs/draft-gilmore-taht-v4uniext.txt
> ),  and if you think SCE is controversial, oh, boy...
>
> --
>
> Dave Täht
> CTO, TekLibre, LLC
> http://www.teklibre.com