[Cake] Cake tin behaviour - discuss....

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 11:25:33 EDT 2020

> On 25 Apr, 2020, at 2:07 pm, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Download from ‘onedrive’ from 1 box, using 5 flows, classified as Bulk.  Little other traffic going on, sits there at circa 70Mbit, no problem.
>
> If I started another download on another box, say 5 flows, classified as Best Effort, what rates would you expect the Bulk & Best effort tins to flow at?

Approximately speaking, Cake should give the Best Effort traffic priority over Bulk, until the latter is squashed down to its tin's capacity.  So you may see 5-10Mbps of Bulk and 65-70Mbps of Best Effort, depending on some short-term effects.

This assumes that the Diffserv marking actually reaches Cake, of course.