[Cake] Query on ACK

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at redhat.com
Mon May 25 07:58:33 EDT 2020

Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> writes:

>> On 25 May, 2020, at 8:17 am, Avakash bhat <avakash261 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We had another query we would like to resolve. We wanted to verify the working of ack filter in ns-3,
>> so we decided to replicate the Fig 6 graph in the CAKE paper(https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8475045).
>> While trying to build the topology we realized that we do not know the number of packets or bytes sent from
>> the source to the destination for each of the TCP connections ( We are assuming it is a point to point connection with 4 TCP flows).
>>
>> Could we get a bit more details about how the experiment was conducted?
>
> I believe this was conducted using the RRUL test in Flent.  This opens
> four saturating TCP flows in each direction, and also sends a small
> amount of latency measuring traffic.  On this occasion I don't think
> we added any simulated path delays, and only imposed the quoted
> asymmetric bandwidth limits (30Mbps down, 1Mbps up).

See https://www.cs.kau.se/tohojo/cake/ - the link to the data files near
the bottom of that page also contains the Flent batch file and setup
scripts used to run the whole thing.

(And there's no explicit "number of bytes sent", but rather the flows
are capacity-seeking flows running for a limited *time*).

-Toke