[Cake] [Bloat] starlink testing

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:48:17 EDT 2021

I'm still busy doing more and more sophisticated tests and packet
captures. I am inclined to "go dark" for a while whilst I do that, but
if anyone would like to help re-write the ultimate blog entry, or
help out on instrumenting more tests, please contact me offlist.

Apparently there is IPv6 under test... somewhere... according to
reddit. Tunnelling my ipv6 via wireguard "just worked", so there's
that. There have been a few other surprises, one rather major.

As much as I dislike the cgnat I don't see how starlink had any other
choice, and the layer below that is hopefully capable of carrying
ipv6 well.

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729