[Cake] [Make-wifi-fast] [Starlink] [Cerowrt-devel] Due Aug 2: Internet Quality workshop CFP for the internet architecture board

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 2 23:23:06 EDT 2021

The distance matrix defines signal attenuations/loss between pairs.  It's
straightforward to create a distance matrix that has hidden nodes because
all "signal  loss" between pairs is defined.  Let's say a 120dB attenuation
path will cause a node to be hidden as an example.

     A    B     C    D
A   -   35   120   65
B         -      65   65
C               -       65
D                         -

So in the above, AC are hidden from each other but nobody else is. It does
assume symmetry between pairs but that's typically true.

The RF device takes these distance matrices as settings and calculates the
five branch tree values (as demonstrated in the video). There are
limitations to solutions though but I've found those not to be an issue to
date. I've been able to produce hidden nodes quite readily. Add the phase
shifters and spatial stream powers can also be affected, but this isn't
shown in this simple example.

Bob

--
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for