[Cake] arl qdisc looks clever

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Dec 13 10:49:22 EST 2021

Hi Dave

"

The latency measurement come from two sources: one is the RTT from kernel’s
 * TCP/IP stacks, another is the half path RTT measured from routed TCP
 * streams. "

What if a router terminates almost no local traffic and mostly handles say wireguard VPN traffic in UDP?

Other than that I really appreciate that this seems to use the same ideas that we currently play with over in the openwrt forum... Great that this is additional prior art (similar to LEDBAT) so that there should be no legal un-depth to expect.

Regards
	Sebastian