[Cake] Enforcing video quality question

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Feb 18 14:10:23 EST 2021

Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster at gmail.com> writes:

> Not sure this is the right forum but I am using Cake on my OpenWRT router
> so I thought I would cross-post this question (
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/use-sqm-to-configure-video-quality/88984) here.

CAKE doesn't have any facilities to do per-device shaping like you're
asking, no. You could use fwmark to always put traffic into a lower
priority bin, but that still only limits in the aggregate, it's not a
per-device thing.

What you'd need is something like an HTB policy that puts each internal
IP into its own bin and caps the bandwidth of each. You could write a
.qos script and integrate it into sqm-scripts, but I don't think there's
anything already in there that would do what you want either...

-Toke